Division of Housing
Alan Cox, Acting Housing Commissioner
One Government Center, Suite 1800
Toledo, Ohio 43604
The Department of Neighborhoods, Division of Housing which includes the Historical/Environmental review section, and Relocation Section, provides Technical Assistance to Community Development Corporations, as well as funding assistance for development projects, and environmental health programs. Below is a listing of programs and services provided by the Division of Housing:
- HOME Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation Program
- Lead-Based Paint Demonstration Program
- HOME Housing Development Program
- CHDO HOME Development Pool Program
- American Dream Down Payment Initiative (ADDI)
- The Historical/Environmental section conducts Section 106 (historic) reviews to determine whether or not a project will significantly impact properties listed or eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic places. This section also conducts environmental reviews to determine whether or not a project will significantly impact the environment.
- Technical assistance to Community Development Corporations through spec writing and inspections.
- Relocation Program:The City of Toledo has a policy of non-displacement for all tenants (whether commercial or residential) in any projects using federal, state, and/or local funds for the following activities: demolition, rehabilitation, acquisition or conversion. The Relocation staff administers referral advisory services, counseling, eligible benefits and housing. The goal of the program is to offer fair and consistent treatment through relocation planning assuring that the person(s) being displaced or temporarily relocated is matched with appropriate resources. Tenants can be assessed to determine eligibility for Section 8.