Division of Streets, Bridges & Harbor
David Welch, Commissioner
1189 West Central Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43610
Please call 936-bump (419.936.2867) for pothole repair requests
If you have a plow request please call 419-936-2508. residential streets are not salted except in extreme conditions, and are not plowed unless we Experience a storm event of more than 3" of snowfall.
We endeavor to provide services with a courteous, well-trained workforce in the most cost effective and timely manner. We pledge to enhance the image of Toledo by creating cleaner neighborhoods and safe travel on our roadway system with ever-improving quality and responsiveness. Services provided to the public include street and alley cleaning and repair, pothole repair, pavement restoration of sewer and water repairs, snow & ice control, leaf collection, housing demolition, bridge operation, bridge maintenance and repair, and numerous harbor related operations.
Please click on an image below to find out more about what we do:
Click here for information on how to obtain a permit for a special event in the harbor.
Click here for information on installation of a dock or other construction near a levee or harbor line.
Divisional Goals, Objectives & Initiatives
- Establish anti-icing with salt brine.
- Construct new salt storage facilities at Central Avenue & Byrne Road buildings.
- Implement Equipment Replacement Plan
- Improve the energy efficiency at the Central Avenue, Byrne Road and Water Street facilities.
- Develop, establish and maintain a self-sufficient compost and concrete recycling facility.
- Rehabilitate Collingwood Bridge over Swan Creek and River Road Bridge over Delaware Creek.
- Complete the design of Miami Street Bridge over NSRR and Maumee Avenue Bridge over NSRR.
- Replace rear joints on the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Bridge with a more durable steel design.
- Demolish a minimum 300 dilapidated housing units each year.
- Inspect 112 bridges each year per National Bridge Inspection and Ohio Department of Transportation requirements.
- Improve efficiency and affordability of the Surface Treatment Program with a more regionalized approach.