Division of Streets, Bridges & Harbor
David Welch, Commissioner
1189 West Central Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43610
ATTENTION: SNOW PLOW OPERATORS WITH VEHICLES
The City of Toledo, Streets, Bridges, & Harbor Division is interested in contracting with owners/operators of snow plow vehicles for plowing on residential streets during heavy snow conditions. All bids must be received by 1:30 PM October 27th, 2015, for a copy of the bid proposals and specifications visit https://www.planetbids.com/portal/portal.cfm?CompanyID=22576 or contact 419-245-1575.
Select an image below to find out more about what we do:
We endeavor to provide services with a courteous, well-trained workforce in the most cost effective and timely manner. We pledge to enhance the image of Toledo by creating cleaner neighborhoods and safe travel on our roadway system with ever-improving quality and responsiveness. Services provided to the public include street and alley cleaning and repair, pothole repair, pavement restoration of sewer and water repairs, snow & ice control, leaf collection, housing demolition, bridge operation, bridge and levee maintenance and repair, and numerous harbor related operations.
Click here for information on how to obtain a permit for a special event in the harbor.
Click here for information on installation of a dock or other construction near a levee or harbor line.
Divisional Goals, Objectives & Initiatives
- Establish anti-icing with salt brine.
- Construct new salt storage facilities at Central Avenue & Byrne Road locations.
- Implement Equipment Replacement Plan
- Improve the energy efficiency at the Central Avenue, Byrne Road and Water Street facilities.
- Rehabilitate Collingwood Bridge over Swan Creek and River Road Bridge over Delaware Creek.
- Complete the design of Miami Street Bridge over NSRR and Maumee Avenue Bridge over NSRR.
- Replace rear joints on the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Bridge with a more durable steel design.
- Demolish a minimum 300 dilapidated housing units each year.
- Inspect 112 bridges each year per National Bridge Inspection and Ohio Department of Transportation requirements.
- Improve efficiency and affordability of the Surface Treatment Program with a more regionalized approach.